-->
Searching...
Monday, January 05, 2009
10:22 PM

School

The elimination of war should be the major task of social education - Conrad Lawrence



It schooldays again. I remembered hating the day schoo starts after a long holiday. There's this flutter in my stomach that I can't explained. School was great, I was on the popular list so there was little chance of me getting bullied or anything, yet I still hated the day. Most probably because it marks the beginning of another endless homeworks, exams and text books to read. (textbooks are boring).Not to mention you can't stay up late at night anymore or watching television until late night.


So much had changed since my first day at school, we didn't have internet or mobile phone those days (Those big bulky motorola phone and looks like it can kill a person only made in debut in early 1990's and even so not many people can afford it and I guess not many people want to own it too because of the size). But kids in school got a kick owning those mobile phone like water container. These days kids had the real thing. Who wants a fake mobile phone that acts as water tumbler when you can have the real one?


No matter what technological advances we had, the first day in school always look the same to me. Eager kids, worrying parents, not so eager kids, the clinging kids, clinging parents and the not so subtle always complaining parents. Teachers nightmare would be the parents who complaint about almost everything. I don't know what they are trying to achieve...school management that is worth 5 stars review from hotel reviewer or a place for their kids to learnt and become socially adapt. You can't have that if you keep wanting your kids to be treated like royalties. They need to know that real world is not all glitz and glory.


Off all the things that happen in school, what I remembered the most about my first day in school was a boy who went after every other kids and asked them where did they bought their shoes. Talk about being the social butterfly. The irony of it was that this was the same kid who had his mother waited for him at every lunch for four years while everbody else learnt to buy their own food.


A man has as many social selves as there are individuals who recognize him- William James

0 comments:

 
Back to top!