-->
Searching...
Saturday, October 17, 2009
12:01 AM

The Collection

There are three hundred and sixty-four days when you might get un-birthday presents ... and only one for birthday presents, you know.- Lewis Carroll

Was going through all my parents old file trying to find my original birth certificate, being born abroad means I have one original and another embassy letter which most of the time I use as my birth certificate for many of my applications. But since this application is kind of unique I need my original birth certificate issued by the Registrar of Los Angeles County. Unfortunately mom was confused in which file she puts it in. I've used the certificate for only two things in my life so far, the issue of my IC and my passport (they need to know that my parents didn't smuggle me in) so it got tuck away somewhere and nobody knows.

What surprises me is the fact that mom got this thick file of all the bills she incurred during my birth. That's like 26 years ago...make that 27 since it went way back since she conceived.( I'm pretty sure even my other sibling don't have this kind of bill file on their birth). The things parents do for their first child. Most of the time the first child will have the most baby's pictures taken after that the number will depreciate with the number of kids they have. If the first born have 50, the second will get 40 then 30 and so on.(I pity number 10) It's probably the kind of feeling you have for your first love, first car, first house etc.

Nowadays parents even open a facebook/ twitter/ friendster account for their kid. (I'm just not sure what the kid will do by the time he/she reaches an age when he or she can open his/her own account. It will be weird having all your parent's friends instead of your own.) . Well... Facebook might not be that popular anymore then like Hotmail, Alta Vista, Geocities so it might not happen. But isn't it nice for the kid to keep the identity for him/herself to grow up with.

24/12/1982...the date mom thought I was suppose the meet the world. I'm a baby who is so eager to get out she doesn't the care that she's premature...maybe because it's Christmas and I don't want to miss the party...hehehe... but it didn't happen, I miss both Christmas and New Year...


The greatest comfort of my old age, and that which gives me the highest satisfaction, is the pleasing remembrance of the many benefits and friendly offices I have done to others. - Marcus Cato

0 comments:

 
Back to top!