-->
Searching...
Sunday, February 27, 2011
5:42 AM

Just because...


A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine. - Anne Bronte

Sitting in the library at an ancient building with bright blue sky shining from outside the window does give you perspective, it also give you the urge to just write nonsense.

It's not everyday the sun shine brightly in Manchester. Most of the time Sackville Street building look like a gloomy shadow building in a hair raising ghost movie. But today its blue sky all over town and I can't stop smiling, with Natasha Bedingfield singing through the earpiece via my iPod, yeah I do feel like it's summer. Tomorrow if the sun make an appearance again, I'm grabbing my Sony camera and going on a photo session.

I guess there is an ounce of truth in the research about babies being born in winter thought to grow up being more depressive than summer babies. Hmmm.. can't really apply to me although I was born in winter, Los Angeles is different. People are generally happy all the year there, the sun shine in winter, beach, sunset, Beverly Hills, Hollywood Stars... yup not much to be unhappy about, generally a happy place. So not applicable to babies being born in country where sun doesn't play peek a boo once in while.

John Ryland Library
But it does present a pattern, if you watch those happy chick lit movies, the common theme would be bright sunshine, green grass and blue sky. Name me one chick lit without it. While scary movies will have endless rain, cloudy sky and basically everything is in grayscale. Pretty much like an X-ray film.

Somebody told me that if a radiographer get a colour picture they wouldn't know how to intrepret it because 'if it's ain't gray it's aint there'. I'm still yet t o ask a radiographer about the theory.

Harry Potter movies had it fair share of gray moment, reminding me that I need to go to the John Ryland Library and take pictures. That place is like Hogwarts school. Stuck in the middle of modern buildings it just stand like sore thumb but impresively not out of place. I'm still trying to figure why they put that Armani building next door.

Confession, I haven't read a single book on Harry Potter. I don't know why but I just can't bring myself to read it, like that Twilight movie, never read it or watch it. When people were discussing it, I just nod like I know although the amount of information I had can only be contributed to watching the trailer and reading about it at book discussion forumn. Vampire is so not my thing.


I'm feeling a lit bit cleverer just by sitting in a library and gazing out the window. Life...

A cloudy day or a little sunshine have as great an influence on many constitutions as the most recent blessings or misfortunes. - Joseph Addison

0 comments:

 
Back to top!