-->
Searching...
Friday, March 07, 2008
12:03 PM

Voting the future

High politic is only common sense applied to great things- Napoleon Bonaparte



Tomorrow will be my first time casting vote for the country, to say I'm excited about i would be an understatement because till this day I don't know who I want to vote. I've seen all the poster all right...all the political jibbering people are feeding me but I can't say I like either side of the party. Both acting like a kid a candy store. Picking up figh, calling names...throwing tantrums all around.

It got me thinking though, why is it that in the era where we pick singer, comedian, whose beautiful and all other entertainment bling by seeing how they perform on stage, we can't have a television show that shows all the candidates trying for Parliament sit debating each other on T.V? (since maybe trying to feature all the DUN candidates will take month..we go for smaller number). By having the show at least people like me (the one who don't attend political speeches in some dewan rakyat or football field) got a chance to see who is the smart one and whose the bump. We are picking leaders who are going to represent us at the Parliament...we are paying his/her salary, can't we at least know what kind of person he is.

Does he knows how to address an issue? does he knows the statistic? what is his vision? does he have all the communication skill to become a political leader? does he tend to sleep at Parliament meeting..etc..etc. I don't care if I see the candidate tapping rubber tree or fixing roof-top in paper because everbody knows that was just an act. We want the real goods not some sweet-topping caramel that only come during political campaign. (It is time we start to judge political figure based on what he can deliver rather what party he come from)

The only thing I know about the candidates in my area is how they look like based on their poster at the tree trunks.

The body politic, as well as the human body, begins to die as soon as it is born, and carries itself the causes of its destruction - Jean Jacques Rousseau

0 comments:

 
Back to top!