-->
Searching...
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
8:18 PM

Scumbag scammer

Seems the only language these scammers know is MONEY...hehehehe. English and grammar is NOT their strongsuit!! -Mission Lady



I have the most interesting week involving a scammer. I didn't even know this type of scam exist until it hit me in the face but lucky for me I read through him like a book so it save me money but it wasted my time.

It involve eBay (it hit on other online auction site also I guess since these kind of people never learn how to quit). I was trying to sell an item on eBay, I've sold a few things before but this is the first time a scammer try to scam me.

How this eBay scam works:

1. They will buy an item from you, ussually with the 'buy it now' price. Other MO includes them selling stuff at a very cheap price (I tell you about it latter)

2. After he bought an item from you, you will received a message like this:

"Hey Mate,I am the winner of your ebay item,actually i purchase your item for my folk in Nigeria as a birthday gift i am willing to pay you enough for the postage to Nigeria.get back to me regarding the payment.talk soon.
- lori67cat"


They ussually tells you that they resides in U.S or U.K but wants the item to be ship to Nigeria...yup folks...Nigeria! The capital of scammer..(like the old Nigerian scam isn't enough to make people shudder).They will tell you it's for their son, daughter etc...etc. They can come up with some pretty amazing sob story too.

I know it a scam the moment the guy mention 'Nigeria'. I know its bias but let face it...with Nigeria scam 419 and all other scam originating from the country, you can't really blame me and Nigeria is known as the most corupt African country. Sorry to all the hardworking, honest Nigerian out there.

I play along because I'm curious as what he will do next, so I replied and wait.

3. After he received the reply then begun the fun part. He will next send you another email 'pretending to be eBay and Paypal. I said pretending because the email didn't originate from the two institution but a fake email telling you that the item had been paid for BUT...here's the trick 'Your payment is currently onhold as to wait for shipment number'. If you are idiotic enough to believe it, you will sent the item to these scumbags and give the number because you want your money. I can't really blame you because the emails do look legit.

However as scumbags goes...these are the eternal bane of scammer:

  • a. they can't spell right
  • b. their grammar are atrocious
  • c. they can never keep their year right.

Upon close inspection of those two emails you will notice the year at the very end of the emails are still in 2008. If they decided to change the year...here is the thing you can do:-

  • Never ever open your account from the email given.
  • Check you account from the main institution page, don't simply click on the email because whatever payment or message given to you will be in your account...not your email. It might be forwarded to your email but the main massage will be in you original account. If it's not there...you know what that means. SCAM!

At this stage I got tired of playing...so I report the scam to eBay and then cease to contact the guy again.

4. Scammer don't really know when to quit, he contacted me again, telling me he had paid then threatening to report the matter to eBay and suspend my account because he feels he had been con....Con-man telling you'd conned him...precious!

This was his email to me:

"Hello Dear, I just wanted to let you understand that i have been in look out regarding the shipment tracking num# upon which i just contact eBay to alert them about this matter..................

Sequel the why you've n't send out the item yet????????????????????? I trusted you before making the payment sequel now you have not respond also i have report this case to the community to ensure this is not a SCAM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!..

eBay has reply back with confident saying you will be in contact soon.........Also i wanting you to know that this payment is out of my account pending into your acc: sequel you have not fully obey the rules and regulation to the policy saying you will have to get the shipment refence details send to the verification so that your payment can be credit as soon as possible.

Thanks hopping to read back from you "

Not enough with that, he sent another fake eBay 'Notice of account suspension'. This time the year was 2007...hehehe what an idiot.

Anyway the guy was no longer an eBay member thanks to me. But I don't think he will stop scamming soon.

Yesterday...maybe after realising that his trick didn't work I received another email:

"Hello Dear,

I am in a hurry writing this mail. I had a trip to West Africa Nigeria opening ceremony. Unfortunately for me all my money got stolen at the hotel where i lodged from the attack of some armed robbers and since then i have been without any money i am even owing the hotel here,So i have only access to emails,my mobile phone can't work here so i didn't bring it along. Please can you lend me $1,500 so i can return back and settle the hotel bills i would return it back to you as soon as i get home.

I am so confused right now because i am in serious trouble overhear .You can have the money sent to me through my information via Western Union.


Receivers Name-- Lori YerkeyReceivers Address---120 Campos Street Lagos Island,Lagos 23401,NigeriaMtcn NUM 10 digit that would be given to you at the Western Union Money Outlet--?Text Question--who sent moneyText Answer--youAmount Sent--?Please don't forget to attach photocopy of the Scan Receipt in which you use in sending the Money at the western Union Outlet .


Hope to hear from you.
Thanks and God bless"

I guess his predicament has changed...huh! From Illinois now he is lost in Nigeria....you might ask...what happens to his son? since he said that his son was in Nigeria can't he help him?. I guess an idiot always stays an idiot.

P/S: The best way of dealing with internet shopping is Cash On Delivery, if you wants to bid on something on eBay, read the seller's reputation or shop at trusted online shopping site like Amazon. The only person that can safe you is yourself.

While chatting with my little scammer in February 2009, he told me he was "steering" at my picture. Maybe he was trying to drive a car right through it?? -childrg0

2 comments:

muNm said...

wah leen... i didnt know eBay got scammers too.. nasib baik all this while i tak kena. but i'm at the buying side not selling stuff.

i got an experience that i bid too many and when i won one i discovered that i almost won another one. well, i cant afford 2 iphone at the same time (i was buying for my fren). anyway, i send email to the sender to cancel my bid. luckily he such a nice guy and didnt make a big deal of it and cancel my bid..

that's the only lesson i learned from ebay.. hehe. but now, thanks to your post, i also need to be careful if i'm selling stuff.

Leen said...

Be careful selling and buying stuff, the world are full with these kind of cheating rat.

 
Back to top!