-->
Searching...
Tuesday, June 02, 2009
12:40 AM

Ebay Scam

Since we are on the topic of eBay scammer, today I want to alert the reader to a type of selling scam. Unfortunately this doesn't originate from Nigeria. These scammer are all home grown with the twisted spirit of Malaysia boleh.

Beware of these kind of seller, from my observation I think it's the same guy who never got tired cheating people.

Okay this guy will offer you cheap unbelivable items like Laptop or iPhone (the hot stuff of the month) at unreasonable cheap price. For a scammer this guy don't really know how to write because he can't diversify. It's always the same thing again and again. After he got busted, reported to eBay and no longer a registered user, he register under another name and go on doing the same thing. Sadly people still fall for his tactics.

I was alerted by one of my buyer who refuse to pay by bank-in methods as she had been cheated by the scumbag. So I look around and have been watching the same offer popping up but the guy kept using different newly registered nickname with zero reputation. So in spirit of doing something for the community I hope you guys watch out for this kind of offer:

Saya ada beberapa unit sahaja. Jadi, siapa cepat dia dapat.
Apple iPhone 3G 16GB ini Dijamin Baru Dan Original made by Apple. Bukan barang tiruan atau 2nd Hand.Ia datang dengan standard accessory di dalam kotak. Saya akan menjelaskan secara singkat disini. Jadi, boleh hubungi saya untuk penerangan selanjutnya.Harganya Dijamin murah. Tidak akan dapat di mana mana harga ini. Harganya ialah Satu Ribu Lima Ratus Sahaja. Kenapa murah? email kepada saya dan saya akan jelaskan.


Looks like the real McCoy right? No, It's a scam, the guy don't do any Cash on Delivery, he doesn't have any feedbacks and he just registed a few days before. (I guess because he kept getting unregisted for scamming). Keep watching...I'm sure next month the same offer will come up from different username.

I don't know how many people have he cheated but it reminded me of another scam from years back. (In order to learn to to trade safely...I have read dozens of scam cases to protect myself...that's why I can say the eBay guy is a scammer). This was a huge case but unfortunately our Cyber Crime Law are quite ineffective. A similar MO was discovered in Singapore and now the guy is in jail. But here in Malaysia, I'm guessing the guy is still out there ripping people off.

Read the Con-man case of Jasmi b. Shaharuddin.

Doesn't the case sound familiar with the cheap iPhone offer, only this time the Custom case was not written there. I wonder what will his reply if you were to ask him how he get the cheap supply?

I wanted to alert all those bidder for his item, but since eBay have this strick policy concerning identity, my only hope is those bidders bid with their head and didn't just simply hand him money.

0 comments:

 
Back to top!