-->
Searching...
Tuesday, September 05, 2006
1:00 AM

Why we sit for exam?

Education is learning what you didn't even know you didn't know. -Daniel J. Boorstin

Starting yesterday till tommorow all..six graders..or must I say standard 6 students in
the whole of Malaysia is will be sitting for the once in a lifetime primary school examination UPSR. My younger sister is one of the many candidates that will be test for their primary education level understanding. I wish her all the best..since having to quit my job I'm know her unofficial English,BM and Math tutor. To tell the truth I'm a lousy teacher..one of my weakness would be teaching a 6 graders how to write a beautiful essay. Especially if it was my own sister whom by the twist of fate has a bit of the hardheaded, stubborn character just like me. Out of my 4 younger brother and sister..she was the only one who have the similar stubborness...even my mom agrees on that.

But somehow she doesn't have the same passion for writing like I did...I share the love for books and writing with my youngest brother..even though he is only 9...the essay he writes is beautiful. He likes to boast at home on how his teachers showed the entire class his essay...talk about being young arrogant kid.

To make things a bit harder for me is I don't know how exactly it feels to sit for UPSR in the first place since I skip mine. I can't relate to the atmosphere of sitting for a big exam in primary school..sitting for your yearly class examination is just not the same....but one thing for sure..I hate the idea of UPSR examination.

Frankly speaking I didn't understand the neccesity of examination during lower grade. I was just only answering question that the teacher ask in the paper....and certainly there are still many lower grades student who are just not bothered my UPSR. For them it just another examination. UPSR is not that important..it can only be use if you want to get into the elite school..yup the one with A's shining all over it. Other than that it's kind of useless..

Beside not everyone was a genius in primary school..some children are just late developers. They only become smart in answering exam after hitting puberty..I have friends who are just a total idiot during primary years but then turn to be a genius afterwards..but then again life is unpredictable..you can a genius today but useless tommorow or you can be an idiot today but successfull latter in life..

To all UPSR candidates..good luck! If you screw this on it doesn't mean the world is over..its just a paper..

0 comments:

 
Back to top!