-->
Searching...
Sunday, January 06, 2008

Getting wise up



There's an old saying that said 'when you are older you are wiser'. Well here is a few things I found out that no matter how old I am..I never get to be wise at it.

-Managing my closet, being a girl means lots and lots of stuff but it also means a lot of washing, ironing and arraging it it the closet. My closet need constant rearraging but it is just damn difficult, I never get my wardrobe right no matter how I rearrange it. After a few days it's a mess again.

-Putting the cork back on top of the hot water tumbler, my mom has this hot water tumbler that uses cork on top of it, everytime I pour the hot water it and try to put the cork back, it always bounce back because of the preasure but if I don't put it correctly the water will be cold. No use of a hot water tumbler then. Somehow my mom doesn't face this problem, the cork just sit tight..no bouncing. I keep wondering how she did it.

-Cooking for other people, my culinary skills exist only I found it difficult to face other people with the stuff I cook. Baking cakes, cookies, or even puding is not a problem because all the measurement is there. I only have to follow it. But when it comes to 'kampung' meal, all the 'masukkan secukup rasa'. I'm still having problem with how much is enough.

-Managing conversation with stranger. I'm a shy kid, I grew up reading books and fighting with my brother. My parents adore me because I never made any trouble while visiting their friends, unlike their kids who storm off making all the toys in my house their property the moment the lay their eyes on it. No offence but kids need to be tought to respect people privacy. My shyness however decrease by time and non -existence with people who are close to me. But still I'm a quite person which sometimes people oftenly mistaken as shy, a snub or just plain stupid.

And until today I still find it hard to strike a conversation with stranger. I prefer to shut my mouth rather than ask the person 'How's the weather today?'. Gosh..it's plain to see, need I to remind you about that. Perhaps thats the problem, I think to much before speaking to stranger. And my dry humor don't really sit well with some.

- I'm a bit of a telephobia, meaning I hate making calls to people, not a chronic condition (thank God!) but still I find myself cringing everytime I'm ask to make a phone call. I have no problems answering calls though. I found out I am not scared of making phone calls to operator or help desk, since those people work to anwer the phone and received probably hundreds of it everyday so making a fool out of myself to them is not really a big deal. But calling a person is a different case. Luckily text messages were invented, still my heart rate escalate while waiting for people to answer the phone and praying I don't utter anything stupid.


The secret to staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age- Lucile Ball

3 comments:

muNm said...

oh my God, whatever the problem with, I have it that too. Except the putting-top-of-hot-tumbler and telephobia thing. I thought I was the problematic one but hey, I have a friend. (don't mean to offend u or what but think about this, u r not alone!)....

Hope I improve coz it's so not good when u r going to be a wife. haha

muNm said...

oh wait, i don't even have that baking cakes & cookies skill too. =( but i can do pudding... =)

Leen said...

well Mun..as for baking cakes and cookies..as long as you have the right recipe...a cake will be a cake..unless you forgot the ingredients or just stir it not in one direction..(it still becomes cakes though)

I hope we both can improve our skill although I still have a long time to mess up. But hey..you can always make Zainal cook..hehehe

 
Back to top!