-->
Searching...
Saturday, January 12, 2008

Tuning in with TuneCard

A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather and ask for it back when it begins to rain- Robert Frost

I own a TuneCard by TuneMoney, the reason it’s the cheapest and easiest way to do my internet transaction. Believe or not TuneCard work marvellously with Paypal whether transferring money or receiving it. The other reason is I’m not a very big fan of credit banking.

In a way TuneCard is easy to apply, you don’t have to even leave the comfort of your living room…if you are connected to internet there of course. I applied mine a few month back, the only glitches that I still have until today is reloading my money via internet through it’s FPX services. It never seems to work, the only reply I got was ‘transaction failed’. I have no idea why.

So the only option left if reloading it at the Pos office, CIMB bank or BSN, cost me extra RM2 but if your reload via FPX 4 times in will also cost you RM2 so just do the math and find a way to save trip and money.

After applying online I waited for about two weeks before going to pick it up at the Pos office. They said to wait for 7 days but just to be at the save side I waited for two. One thing for sure Tunemoney will not call you or give you any letter indicating whether the card is ready for pick-up or not. Wait longer or called their customer care if you want to make sure the card is ready.

The firsts time I went to pay for it’s initial fee at the nearest BSN, everything went smoothly, only the clerk ask me to write ‘prepaid’ at the form since Tunemoney has other services as well.

The second time around it was a different clerk and she had a few problems. I thought it was not a big problem, but to my surprise the money I reloaded was not transfer to my card, I waited several days before sending an email to Tunemoney, they ask for details and I give that too. (in this department I salute Digi Telecomunication for fast reply, Tunemoney need to work on replying email faster).

Waited another several days and still my money was lost in transaction. Last option I decided to complaint directly to the CEO at his blog. ..(how many CEO of a company have their own blog and take time to answer complaint? he does, kuddos!)Surprisingly a day after, the money was transferred to my account and 3 day after I receive a phone call from Tunemoney apologising for the slight mishap. So they are of the hook for being nice…hehehe

As for the PIN number, since I don’t use the card for ATM transaction I didn’t really care but I got my PIN number about two month after activating my card. They said they will send it within 7 days …oh well at least it arrived safely in my post box. Anyhow they should try to live up to their promises.

For more infomation visit Tunemoney.
If you want to read about the different debit card available visit here

P/S: I just figured out my problem with the FPX reload, my internet explorer blocked the bank's pop-up window from the FPX page. (btw I used IE7 haishhh...).It seems although the pop-up windows are allowed for tunemoney website, it wasn't so for the FPX link. To counteract the problem all I need to do was turn 'off' the pop-up blocker from my tools section. Then everything will be fine.

Creditors have better memories than debtors- Benjamin Franklin

0 comments:

 
Back to top!