-->
Searching...
Sunday, March 22, 2009
9:46 PM

Apple

An apple a day keeps the doctor away - old adage

Got myself an itouch after my old palm goes dead..(I'm sure it's the battery, and if I got the time an resources I can find a way to fix the thing) but since I'm lazy to hunt for the tiny battery, I hunt for a new way to read my ebook. That is my original aim in hunting for a PDA.
So after scouting around decided to go for itouch. It's a cool gadget to own if you have wifi connection available since being Apple they are a little bit paranoid about any third party using their devices. Let's take the USB cable for example, I can't transfer by book the ussual way, instead I had to have put it on ereader or transfer it wirelessly from a wireless network. So in all in order to read a book in this device you need wifi connection. However the graphic is nice, a change from normal black and white visual, now I can set it in colours!

Other than that, like normal ipod you can transfer songs, video, games or picture to your itouch using itunes. Games is only available through the Apple Apps store (again they are a bunch of paranoid freaks) I guess I can try to jailbreak my itouch...but then again things might go wrong and the little thing wasn't cheap.

Apple has new player the size of your forefinger, no button, no display everything is voice controlled and can only be use with the custom design earphone. My personal opinion...what are they thinking? Let face it..sometimes the team came up with brilliant idea..sometimes its just crap. Why they can get away with it? hey...it's Apple. They name their first commercial computer Lisa!

Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The trouble-makers. The round heads in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status-quo. You can quote them. Disagree with them. Glorify, or vilify them. But the only thing you can't do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world Are the ones who do. - Anynomous

3 comments:

muNm said...

leen, did u buy ipod touch? how is it? i'm planning to buy it soon... berbaoi tak beli? btw, how much do u buy it?

Leen said...

it depends on what you want it for..since apart from you can't take picture and phone call like iphone can, it's like a mini computer if you have a wifi connection available.

What you can do..let me see..listen to music, check facebook, emails, surf the net, play games, watch Youtube, read books..I used mine to check emails, read books and listen to music mostly..so I don't hog my laptop so much anymore. It all depends what what you want to do with it..I need a replacement for my palm to read books.

actually the Apps store have much more functions..like I said,if you have wifi..this thing is a fun gadget to have..

I bought mine around 800++ (hunt down those Lowyat forum people..they can give you real bargain for surprisingly new itouch)

But then you live in US..it supposed to be cheaper right?

muNm said...

well... i like the wi-fi & game dia.. siap dah main2 kat apple shop...hehe..

murah ke? i think almost the same price like yours je... for 8gb it's $229.. i plan to buy 16gb $299.. yours how many GB?

but, i think i have to postpone coz my camera rosak... i need camera more than ipod at this moment i guess... =(

 
Back to top!