-->
Searching...
Thursday, July 09, 2009
12:38 AM

Laid to rest

In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe - Michael Jackson

Finally after days of speculations, reminiscing and rememberance, the
King of Pop Michael Jackson was laid to rest. I wanted to watch the
memorial service yesterday but had to give when sleepiness overtook me
but all is not lost since the idiot box has repeat of it almost every
hour.

For a generation that was born long after World War 2, this is the
kind of event you can tell your grandchildren, so I guess that is why
we took great interest in it.

I did a mental calculation a few days ago about things I can sit and
tell stories about when I'm old and grey ( if god willing) like what
my grandmother used to do. She had the Japanese invasion and 13th of
May as highlight.

These are the things I remember that probably be written in history

- the collapse of Penang ferry padestarian rail. My mom took me to the
field in front Penang GH as helicopters swoop down bringing the
victims. It was so surreal to me I felt like standing it a movie set
as doctors, nurses and people bustle around in the field and
helicopters landing and flying. It's like watching an episode of
Grey's anatomy. (with addition of air force personnel and helicopters)

- The mass destruction bring forth by the Tsunami. The first ever to
hit Malaysia.

- The death of Princess Diana and Mother Theresa.

- The Highland Tower tragedy.

- The 1998 Commonwealth Games in KL. Great thing as I was given the
chance to participate in the Baton run.

- The death of the King of Pop.

I can't think of any other exciting events. Apart from the mass
production of computers, mobile phones and the Internet, we really
are from a boring generation.

I was a veteran, before I was a teenager - Michael Jackson

0 comments:

 
Back to top!