-->
Searching...
Thursday, February 12, 2009
8:38 PM

Sand, Sun, Sea...and Snow..

If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost. That is where they should be. Now put the foundation under them. - Henry David Thoreau

It was a tiring three weeks but a fun one. From Saudi Arabia we moved to Jordan then to Lebanon, Syria back to Jordan again and back home the lush green land of Malaysia. I found out that my Arabic wasn't that rusty, I still understand conversation although replying back takes a little bit more effort.

I'm of cheese and bread for few weeks, I think I had enough to survive the year and my internal clock is a bit out of sync with the local time, I still find myself blinking when the rest of the world went to sleep.

The Dead Sea, it has enough salt in it to float people (so no worry nobody died drowning in this sea), you can clearly see the dried salt on the beach. Israel is on the other side. The lowest point on earth. Scientist had made research on the land and confirms that the land here originally came from inner core of the Earth.

The new seven wonders of the world - Petra. The Treasury building, where all the riches of the land was stored. For a long time they thought that was all, about 2 years ago they found out that there are another building beneath this one. Excavation is still on progress.

Faraya Ski Mountains, this place can give Switzerland a run for their money.
In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. -Albert Camus

0 comments:

 
Back to top!