-->
Searching...
Wednesday, January 09, 2013
1:03 PM

Insanity

It's a new year, new age and a new referendum (although most of the time this will only lasted about 5 minutes into the new year but what the heck... just keep trying)

To start off the new year, I decided to try the ’60 Days Insanity workout’. I’m fairly in good shape, I jog about 4 times a week, row for 15 minutes at the gym, did the whole 10k run thing and I watch what I eat, but after a while, I realized I’m just not burning calories as much as I wanted.  My body became adapted with my jogging workout therefore nothing changes. 


Not helping matter was that Navy cruise thing during Christmas. Those Navies surely knows how to cook and seeing how the weight scale seems to goes into an upward trend rather than downward...scary time (I’m vain about my weight). It is certainly time to change my workout style.

I glide around Youtube for new workout regime and came across Insanity and decided to challenge myself with it because it only takes about one hour a day. I mean how hard can it be? It’s only for 60 days.

So starting on the 7th, I start my first day of training. It is called the Fitness Test. I thought I was going to glide through it, jumping jacks, jumping, and stationary running, all fairly simple right? I was WRONG. The first day had me gasping and that was only the FITNESS TEST and lasted for 25 minutes including stretching. I was still sweating even after taking a bath afterward.

Glutton for punishment, yesterday I completed the Plyometric circuit training but that was a tough one. I was on the floor halfway through, dripping sweat all over my yoga mat. After 40 minutes my muscles was screaming murder.

Today my whole body ache all over but I feel good. I decided to write about it just to keep track so I won’t lose the determination to finish this ‘Insanity’. By keeping track I know I’m making progress and not stopping it halfway.

Day 3 here I come.

0 comments:

 
Back to top!