-->
Searching...
Monday, July 31, 2006
3:18 PM

4 years and 8 hours

Few people even scratch the surface, much less exhaust the contemplation of their own experience.-Randolph Bourne

In my house there is this section of wall that my mom called the section of the graduates, where all the picture of my siblings with their graduates robe were hang after completing their kindergarden of course. The only picture missing is mine because I attended a very different set of kindergarden...no robe upon finishing. So my only chances to have my picture hanging on the wall is during my real graduation...and that can only happen after 4 years of studying in university not to mention stading for 8 hours straight in the rain just to get the robe. But with all that I guess when you are wearing it there is a sense of pride to it...after all the hard work and all.

My friends once told me..the only time he felt like his leg is shaking and he was about to cry was when he was standing, hearing the MC announcing his name as he walks to receive his scroll. Why? because he realized that his parents are smiling proud of him at that moment and reflecting back on all the hard moment he had to go through to get that scroll...that sense of pride and joy that it is finally over.


Guess what are these people waiting for..even the election is not like this. But a friend said this is how UM use to look like during subject registration a few years back...when internet is still alien to us.





Up the hill, down the hill and up again...The long and arduous que...for those getting their robe next year...come in the evening, no point standing like kiasu moron in the morning. There are plenty of robe left actually.


Which remind me of one poem I used to read at the hospital while waiting for Dr. Chua to check on me when I was a little kid.

Jack and Jill went up the hill to fetch a pail of water,

Jack fell down and broke his crown,

And Jill came tumbling after.

Up got Jack, and home did trot

As fast as he could caper

He went to bed and bound his head

With vinegar and brown paper.


Do you know the difference between education and experience? Education is when you read the fine print; experience is what you get when you don't- Pete Seeger


2 comments:

muNm said...

yey... u got the better pic than mine to describe the pain of queueing.

Anonymous said...

my leg hurts..my back ache..if I had a better camera..then the pain and suffering would be clearer...hehehe

 
Back to top!