-->
Searching...
Wednesday, August 02, 2006
2:47 PM

Work is a necessary evil to be avoided- Mark Twain

People says you never know what you like until you lost it, only now I know its true. When I learn engineering I thought I had enough of machine, numbers and all the engineering stuff but then when I actually work outside of that world I realize I miss being able to mess up stuff, open up and putting it together again, looking at human in totally different views..I mean who would have guess putting electrodes and try to see the brain signal changes etc. I mean things that people outside of engineering never care off. Now I know why J.G Webster (the one said to be the founder of Biomedical Engineering was so fascinated by the train railway system when we were on the trip to the Sleeping Buddha temple.

I'm starting to look at electrical, medical or just plain mechanical things and wonder what a genius to came up with such a brilliant idea. I never knew what biomedical was until I was thrown in it by fate..but I end up liking it. The same thing happen now as I work in a completely new field but right now I'm hating it more and more everyday. A completely boring subject and work.

People do makes a lot of money here but when they reach 40 the one thing they will be worrying about is the PHD..high blood Pressure, Heart attack and Diabetes. The hospital..there is where they will be spending all of their money.

I'm thinking about resigning...going back into biomedical I guess.

To find joy in work is to discover the fountain of youth- Pearl S. Buck

2 comments:

muNm said...

haha leen. are you joining the resign club.... welcome to the club. still waiting for liya's application form. huhu.

Anonymous said...

well not yet but I'm certainly are drafting the letter...I'll wait for a while...if it is still unbearable..then bye2.

 
Back to top!