-->
Searching...
Tuesday, July 05, 2005
10:43 PM

Bless for Dad

Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it- John Quincy Adams

Went shopping with my 13 years old sister. We have the ussual vocal banter over things to buy and sense of fashion...for 13 years old she is an old nanny nagging me. Truth is sometimes I felt like I'm the one with big sister not her. She complaint on a lot of stuff....never try to win an arguement with her...she the lawyer with a lot of wit.

By the way...its not a story on her today...it's about my dad. The thing that cross my mine during the shopping was..how easy this days to ask for money from my dad. I used to have to list like 10 good reason why I need to buy something and the reason I need the certain amount of money. Now I just ask for some and he right away give it without questions. Good.....yes but in away I'm afraid my little siblings won't learn to appreciated money the way I and my brother was thought so. We learn to keep every penny we have because it is not easy to get and if we want something we have to earn it ourself. (Somehow I'm still proud the we both manage to keep enough money to buy our expensive toys). Untill today I still have that habbit of appreciating my money and I still list like 10 good reason why I need something. (The same reason why I haven't change my Alcatel handphone eventhough I can.....I just don't find 10 good reason why).

Ever since my dad quit the Airforce....he seems easy to tackle. My 3 youngest sibling never had the airforce style of punishment the my brother and I was punished for our reckless behaviour infront of him. I remebered how he smashed my favourite little green chair because I was to stuborn to eat. (well I had gastric then....still have). How he will pick all our Lego and put it plastic back and threathen to throw it away because we leave the thing lying around after playing. We have to beg him to gave us back the Lego. Nowadays he doesn't even raise his voiced when to three stooges fight. He never threathen to throw away their toys....when they leave the toys lying around the hall. Even better the three stooges somehow have a diplomatic deal with dad everytime he threatens to punish them.....huhh kids these days.

I don't know which generation is the lucky ones.....we can only see that through time.

Everything happens to everybody sooner or later if there is time enough- George Bernard Shaw

0 comments:

 
Back to top!