-->
Searching...
Monday, July 18, 2005
11:03 AM

What I want to be when I grow up...

Life is the art of drawing without an eraser -John W. Gardner

When I was a kid the question about what I want to be when I grow up was always asked. I’m sure everyone had to answer them at on point of your childhood. In school they even have this form that you need to fill in with three choices of ambition. Funny how that question was so easy to answer then. I used to say doctor perhaps that is the most common and most seen profession as I was growing up. Born prematurely I grew up literally in front of doctors eyes. No matter where on earth I was...a doctor was always there. So in away the only idea of professional carrier that I have was doctor and air-force officer (dad was one). I wasn’t keen upon flying on jet and aeroplane so I pick the earlier option.

As I grow up the question about my ambition become harder and harder to answer. After SPM and really don’t know what I want to be. Job as a doctor seems just way out as I realise I didn’t like seeing people sick. I was considering doing something with computer since I was very attached to it at home but then unemployment record of previous graduates in that field scares me. But somehow I still mention doctor as my ambition every time the question sprung up. I guest I just don’t want to mess peoples brain by saying I have no clue. After entering university the question became harder than ever to answer. I’m taking Biomedical Engineering...a field relatively so new in Malaysia that you have to explain to people what is it all about every time you mention it. So you think it must be easier since you already in that course but the question become tougher to answer. The twist is I have no idea what so ever if that is really the thing that would satisfy me. Sigh…..

My English teacher always said to me....you need to work where your passion is. There is no point of working if its only dreads you out that eventually you become a walking zombie going in and out of work everyday for the sake of getting money only.

Right now I’m going with the flow...where ever the current takes me. With the hope I will never regret the path I take.

I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it through not dying-Woody Allen

0 comments:

 
Back to top!