-->
Searching...
Monday, May 26, 2008
1:18 PM

Picking up egg

It may be hard for an egg to turn into a bird: it would be a jolly sight harder for it to learn to fly while remaining an egg. We are like eggs at present. And you cannot go on indefinitely being just an ordinary, decent egg. We must be hatched or go bad- CS Lewis

2 days ago I was preparing Maggie mee with my younger siblings. (mom only gave them the
chance to eat Maggie Mee once their exams were finished or during school holiday because we believe 'fast food' = 'fast memory lost' and beside all that MSG and wax is really not good for your digestion and body system. We only eat it once in the blue moon or when strike by the lazy wimp of not wanting to cook something else).

But what I want to write here is not about Maggie mee at all. It's about egg, I mean I was cracking egg the other day to put it in the Maggie mee, I tried cracking it with one hand (you know the kind the pro chef do it) unfortunately no matter how many times I tried I only manage to smash the poor egg and end up with a few egg shells in my egg yolk. (I'm really not cut up for the stylish cooking). As I was cracking (or smashing to be precise) the poor little egg, I kept thinking did we bought the brittle egg shell kind of egg because there are so many type of egg out there so maybe we just bought the type of egg with a very low stress level. One little jolt and the egg would crack. (Okay...maybe I was trying to find an escape for my poor cracking egg technique). But maybe there are that kind of egg, because when I tried cracking my neighbour's 'ayam kampung' egg, I had to bang it up a few time to crack it open.

There are so many types of egg these days, we had the white one, the brownish one, the one with omega-3, the one produce by cage free chicken or the one that only eat organic type of food and of course the 'ayam kampung' type. So which one is the best? Here is a few tips that I found

The best type of egg: The fresh one.

The best bred: The one that came from the local bred free running hen. Yup the 'ayam kampung' egg with it's tendency to be slightly mishapen definitely is tastier and richer in vitamins. But unfortunately it cost more and they are definitely smaller in size compared to those commercial bred hen egg.

Brown or white: Well like human it's just the shell color. It had nothing to do with how it taste or the quality. It only tells you the kind of hen breed.

Omega-3 or not: If you need the extra omega-3 in your diet, why not eat the pure form straight from the source like fresh fish, sardine or mackerel. The extra omega-3 and vitamin E in egg ussually came from the extra flaxseed diet for the hen. Well it's certainly offers you and extra nourishment in your egg. Maybe you want something worth your money...then go for it.

Remember, people will judge you by your actions, not your intentions. You may have a heart of gold -but so does a hard-boiled egg - wise man

0 comments:

 
Back to top!