-->
Searching...
Saturday, June 18, 2005
3:47 PM

The big E

Good teaching is one-fourth preparation and three-fourths pure theatre- Gail Godwin

Read today that PTPTN will no longer change the status of education loan to schoolarship for student with first class degree. Pity to those student. Yesterday I've read that most of the applicants who did not make the cut into university after SPM were female. I guess becoming a genius with straight A's is no longer a privilege. You work harder than most of your friends only to learn after graduating is that with that degree it is harder to get a job than your SPM qualification friends. Worst still is that your SPM qualified friends can save their money while you are struggling to get a job and pay your almost RM70,000 education loan or face the court of justice. The fact and colours of life.

I don't have problem with PTPTN since I"m under JPA but I pity those who have. I'll be entering my final year this July and to tell you the truth I'm scared to face life after that. Am I being a child.....yes. Why? I don't know. It seems like when I was a little kid people are always telling me to study hard and make the cut to enter university. After that you'll will never have to suffer again. But as I went along that road I learn that life after university nowadays is not like those of the 70's. Back then with a degree people respect you. Job came crawling at you. Now you have to crawl for jobs. Having a degree is not something you can be extremely proud of ....when being unemployed. Somehow I am lucky since the field I am now is something new here. A lot of oppurtunities is waiting for those who want to explore more.

Learning the facts of life and job prospect. I know something that I was quite uncertain then, we here like to life in myth. We tell our high school students to pass exam and enter university and life will be easy. Become a doctor, lawyer, engineer and you'll be contented for the rest of our life. But the one thing we forget to tell them is what to expect when they left university. What is the REAL life of these ultra smart doctors, the lawyers, the REAL jobs that engineers do. WE don't tell them that. So when they are out of U, the will find that all their dreams and hope are just one complete bogus scheme. Non of it is true. High schoolars need to be tought what to expect so when they enter university they will now how to prepare themselves to face the real CRUEL world not how to pass exam after exam....

The object of education is to prepare the young to educate themselves throughout their lives.-Robert M. Hutchins

0 comments:

 
Back to top!