-->
Searching...
Wednesday, August 03, 2005
11:55 AM

Tra la la...if only

I am accustomed to sleep and in my dreams to imagine the same things that lunatics imagine when awake. -Rene Descartes

Sometimes in life thing you never appreciate before become something so precious. Just like me. I’m on mute mode today not because of some protest or I don’t want to talk.... but I just can’t. I lost my voice due to some very bad sore throat. Well it’s not the first time I lost the ability to talk; this would be the third time I completely lost it (my antibody is quite lazy in defending me). However this would be the first time I totally mess things up. The last time I’m on mute mode nothing important happen that need me to speak up so things went quite easily. (The first time I was bedridden sick, the second one was one the day my opinion don’t count).

My friend and I was supposed to present our progress regarding our thesis project to the lecturer but since I’m officially can’t speak up, even if I tried it would be no use ..too low in decibels. My friend end up presenting alone...putting all the pressure on her wasn’t a good thing and I really regret it not to mention at the same time she played the role as my interpreter, even heavier burden. At that moment my voice seems extremely important and I realise how important it is to be able to speak.

I should get a sign language lesson...just in case it happen again.

P/S; Change the background music to something from Switchfoot, ‘This is Your Life’

We call that person who has lost his father, an orphan; and a widower that man who has lost his wife. But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence. -Joseph Roux

0 comments:

 
Back to top!