-->
Searching...
Monday, April 07, 2008

My internet directory

A journey of a thousand sites begins with a single click. ~Unknown

List of my favourite spots and services in the internet..(I'm trying to disect beta blogger so I can understand its languange and design a new template with beta, and while I'm trying to do that and document each step so other people like me..who despite the ability to tweak around code still have limited understanding with computer language to understand how beta blogger works in layman terms)

So in the meanwhile lets check out a few site and services which I use and love to bits

DivShare - it's a place where I like to keep my files, one of the reason is because I can upload a big file up to 200MB. They gave you 5GB free space to keep you file and extra security password if you like to protect your file.

Okay they did have this ridicilous policy in which people in Asia, mostly central asia, China and south east asia cannot download other file from other user unless you are a paid member. But if you only want to keep your file on the net for safekeeping..this is the place.

And they just introduce all this new integrate plug-in for iPhone, Facebook and Wordpress. I'm still getting around my Facebook account, I will try to integrate my file once I know my way around facebook.

And by the way you can always upgrade of downgrade your account any time, it cost about USD3.95 per month for just a basic service. Unless you want to download other people's files, you can always used the free service.

There are a few more places on the net where you can get 5GB space for free like 4Shared. But they have a smaller file limit compared to DivShare, only 100MB per upload. The good news...they don't discriminate Asians who want to download ..hehehe

Another great service is Mediafire - it still imposed the 100MB per upload limit, the good news it there are disk space limit. not 5GB not 10GB there just none...fantastic option for people with a lot of files, one of my favourite feature is that the upload progress page, the best compared to other upload progress meter. Most reliable too. You know somtimes other progress meter just stop working and no idea whether it is still functioning or dead. Waste of time when after waiting for a long time, a massage pops up and says you files failed to be uploaded. Especially with big file.

Esnips - like Divshare, Esnips is another place where I keep my file, but unlike Divshare which to me more like my virtual hard disk for big files, Esnips is more toward small files like my MP3 collection, document, and all my e-book. (I got a huge collection thank to all my virtual friends on the net). They still give you 5GB worth of space for free with social connection network, its like friendster with personal upload space. Most of my e-book buddy connects through here. The multiple file upload mechanism is relatively easy and more fun to used that the one on DivShare but the not so great part is it is limited to 10 MB per file. Your file and folder can be easily manage.

mihd.net - if I want to share file with people, other that connection through Esnips or giving them my divshare file address (for people not in Asia or with paid account) I prefer to upload it through mihd.net and give the person the link for uploading. The hassle with sign-up just upload and you get your adress. You don't really manage you file through here. It is more toward sharing your file instead of safekeeping it.

Shutterfly - it used to be Sony Imagestation but now it is known as Shutterfly, I keep most of my photo in here. No limit what so ever. Its free and secure. Its my virtual photo album. Of course if you live in U.S you might like to try the printing services they got hook up as low as 2 cents per photo but then you have to count all the logistic cost. So I just get all my digital photos to the nearest photo shop if I want it on paper it cost about RM0.50 only.

It is a good thing to have a virtual place to keep you file in case your hard disk crash or the CD you burn them to is become faulty and unreadable. The best is always the one you can hold... the hard copy.

Dreamstime - if you want a relatively cheap stock photo compared to other site with the same service go to Dreamstime, they even have some really georgous looking high quality stock photo you can download for free. Most of my wallpaper design and other web design photos came from here.

Dafont.com - I like having a lot of different fonts to work with and one of the great place to download and this great looking font's is Dafont. They have free fonts and some are licensed. It is a great place if you like writing or designing with different looking fonts.

DeviantART photoshop brushes - if you are one of those people who like photoshoping image or just love to create cool graphic, devianART offers a lot of cool looking brushes for download. Another fantastic place to learn how to photoshop your image and download photoshop tools is Photoshop Support

Check it out.

Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day; teach that person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks. ~Unknown

1 comments:

Eliteonrent said...

eliteonrent
We provide rental services for air conditioner in summer & oil heater in winter for more information visit our website

 
Back to top!