-->
Searching...
Wednesday, April 30, 2008

The not so wise thing about wisdom tooth


Wisdom consists of the anticipation of consequences. ~Norman Cousins

Remember I wrote about the agony I had because of my wisdom tooth and that I was going to extract it. Well...suprise! I didn't do it. Once to pain subsided I decided to live with it. Apparently not the wisest choice I made...it seems having a wisdom tooth doesn't really make you any wiser. Now I'm living to regret it, the pain come back...not as bad as before but it's does have the effect of killing me slowly especially in my sleep.

Why I didn't pull it out in the first place? Well I'm a human being and like most normal human being I really don't like to see the doctor once the pain is no longer torturing me. Yes, I know it's stupid but how many of us really go for regular check-up?. Didn't they tell you that you should at least see a doctor once a year and a dentist twice a year. It wasn't just me...and with dentist being my least favourite person...ohh wait make that the school dental nurse, you can't really blame me for not returning to the dentist chair.

I have this delusion that once the pain is over the tooth will grow nicely. Okay I'm in denial...there is a very little chance for that tooth to grow nicely after I reach 25 because your jaw bones has been fused together and they are not going to stretch anymore just to accomodate one little tooth...although right now it doesn't feel like one. Now my little folly is back haunting me. Time to go back to the dental chair and brace myself for more agony.Yippee!

...the truth is my only dental treatment in my whole life was scaling of my teeth, hardly a painful procedure (but the nurse made it so...and she don't even has to courtesy to smile once she finished putting me in misery) so I'm really not sure how am I suppose to face a mini surgery to extract my tooth. It scared the hell out of me.

A man begins cutting his wisdom teeth the first time he bites off more than he can chew- Herb Caen

0 comments:

 
Back to top!