-->
Searching...
Tuesday, October 31, 2006
12:52 AM

Counting friends

Friendship needs no words - it is solitude delivered from the anguish of loneliness.-Dag Hammarskjold

Can you really count how many friends you have? I got this wierd topic idea while surfing the Friendster site. At my dashboard it stated there that I have 89 friends, not bad for a person who changes school and nation quite often...at least among 89 friends stated there I only have troubled remembering one or two person whom I have no recognition of whatever kind of friendship I had with them. The others..I remember most of them..where I've met them, whether we were close or not etc..

And during that surfing session I saw other people friends statistic..whoa..some even got almost 500 friends..Do they really know these people? How can you tell that your friend is really a friend? Can everyone be rated as your friend?

I mean in my life there are very few friends that I shared my up and down with...these are my friends...some people are just merely acquaintance..people who you strike converstation with when you two met but thats it...Some are your six degree connection from other people you know..they only know your face because your are a friend of their friend..

You can't simply rate everyone as your friend can you? But its fun to know that they are hundreds of people knowing you right? Jump For Joy

Yes, we must ever be friends; and of all who offer you friendship let me be ever the first, the truest, the nearest and dearest! -Henry Wadsworth Longfellow





0 comments:

 
Back to top!